Monday, December 21, 2009
Job Posting - Educator Rhythm & Hues
J O B POSTING
As a full-time, staff Educator at Rhythm and Hues (R&H), you will be responsible for providing the online documentation and the classroom education experience for the staff and freelance digital artists, as well as other production and studio personnel at R&H facilities worldwide. This LA-based position will also involve travel to our locations worldwide in support of our global learning and outreach goals.
* Learning R&H's proprietary software and tools
* Teaching classes and workshops for production artists and staff at R&H locations worldwide
* Assisting in documentation for all departments
* Keeping knowledge current by collaborating across departments and working on production shots.
* Attending and participating in weekly department meetings and user meetings.
* Maintaining education resources and environments (disk space, programs, user tools).
* Traveling to R&H locations worldwide to facilitate on-site training in India and Malaysia.
* Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in 3D Graphics.
* Maya and Shake (or equivalents) experience.
* UNIX and HTML experience.
* Understanding of the 3D and 2D components of computer graphics production.
* At least one year experience in teaching, tutoring and creating documentation.
* Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and diplomacy skills.
* Ability to learn quickly, motivate others in learning, work in teams, and share information
* Experience and interest in scene/shot lighting, look development, texturing, procedural fx, compositing.
Additional Desired Skills/Experience
* Programming/scripting experience
* MediaWiki experience
* Familiarity with audio/visual equipment and media conversion
* Familiarity with learning management systems (e.g., moodle)
* Professional production experience
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
(write Educator Position in subject area of email)
Send cover letter and resume to:
Rhythm & Hues Studios
Attn: Recruiting Dept. - Educator
5404 Jandy Place
Los Angeles, CA 90066